investment property loans made simple
Interested in investing? We’ll find you the right strategy and loan to maximise your investment and build your wealth.
Whether you want to start building wealth or just get your first step on the property ladder, property investment is a great option. However, it’s important to know the costs, risks and benefits before you begin.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
1. CAPITAL GROWTH
Your property value will increase over time, which means more capital for you.
2. INCOME GENERATION
Consider renting out your property for a regular income, and the investment can help pay for itself.
3. TAX ADVANTAGES
Do your research, but tax minimisation and negative gearing are definite advantages to investing.
USING YOUR EQUITY
Equity can best be defined as how much your home is worth, minus how much you owe to the bank.
Chances are that you may have collected equity worth tens of thousands of dollars, which can be used to pay down your loan. Trouble is, a lot of homeowners aren’t sure about how to access their equity.
Get real about your property prospects and avoid investor heartache.
Think carefully about why you are investing in property – what are your goals, and will a rental property help you achieve them? Some investors often purchase a property then realise they have paid far too much and get disheartened by the experience, losing faith in property investment. We can help you to avoid falling into this trap.
8 STEP BUYING GUIDE
1. Consider the goals you hope to achieve by investing in property
2. Make sure the property is within your budget
3. When you’ve found a property that ticks all the boxes, ask for a copy of the contract of sale
4. Have the contract reviewed by an expert
5. Arrange a pest and building report
6. Make an offer
7. The settlement process begins
8. Sit back and relax as your property generates returns.
FINDING THE RIGHT PROPERTY
PICK THE RIGHT SUBURB
Your local community is like a big family that you get to choose, so we don’t want to choose lightly.
- Does it fit your needs?
- Is commuting an issue?
- Is it convenient?
- Is the suburb likely to rise in value?
- Is there a sense of community?
- Is it safe?
- Have you invested time in the area?
BUYING OFF THE PLAN
With a lot of construction going on, a growing number of properties are being sold off the plan. It’s a purchase option that gives buyers a range of valuable advantages, like price savings and more time to save for the deposit. Just make sure you’ve considered the following:
- The specs have been checked
- Contract is thoroughly reviewed
- Your own long-term plans have been considered
- Your developer is reputable.
You want to make sure that the plans you develop will help you attract and retain quality tenants. A good tenant provides a lot more than a source of income, including reducing vacancy rates, costs, maintenance and repair bills.
Things to consider:
- Is DIY property management worth it?
- Do you know what your target tenants want?
- Have you checked the property yourself?
- Is the property in mint condition?
- Do you have rental property insurance?
our panel of lenders
We’ll guide you, giving you the ins and outs of each loan, so you can make a more confident decision.
DON'T FORGET INSURANCE
Keep your investment safe with insurance. Should you be unable to service the loan repayments through illness, injury or death, be sure you have the right insurance cover.
These calculators will provide you with a solution which may assist you when considering purchasing a property.